Monday, July 16, 2007

Were Home

Hello everyone. Sorry for being out of touch but, we have been getting settled and unpacked. We got home on Friday and had a great night with Nicole her CNA. Saturday was spent with Joe Mott and the Frenches over a wonderful meal. Sunday we went to church and a friends b-day party at the Natural Science Center (happy b-day Wesley). Cameron and Caroline had a great time but all of the activity and walking really wore Cameron out.

Today Cameron began her evaluations at her "home" therapy center in High Point. It is so good to be back with this team of folks and I am really excited b/c they have a pool which we were not aware of. Each Monday morning Cam's will get to swim with Jenny which we have heard can really make all of the difference to her recovery. Cameron had OT and PT this morning and then Speech with the school system at 2:30 and then private speech at 6:00. This was a total of about 3 1/2 hours so it is still pretty intense for her. She took two naps today and fell asleep quickly. Her stamina is building each day and I know that all of this will prepare her for the coming year.

It is really exciting to see all of you see Cameron for the first time. There is such relief and amazement in your eyes and your comments as her recovery is truly hard to believe. She is so bright and cheery, especially in the morning, she is walking very well with her brace on and she looks really good. One thing that I have really noticed with Cameron is her memory over the past couple of days. It used to be very hard for her to remember what she ate for breakfast, or who she saw or what she did yesterday. Now she is bringing up funny things that she saw or did yesterday and she can remember meals and events. God is good and none of this would be possible without him. Love you, Shelly.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to have you guys back in town! All I can say is WHAT A MIRACLE! I am so proud of Cameron's hard work and progress. She is unbelieveable! I am so happy that her memory is coming back! PRAISE GOD! He is so good!

Renee` said...

I am very happy that you guys were able to come back so soon. Cameron is amazing and your strength through this trail has been nothing short of inspiring. I hope to see Cameron again soon and will continue to stop in and see her at school whenever possible.

andrea said...

Sounds like things are busy, but so glad to hear they're going well. Can't wait to catch up. You need to come see our new house.

Stacy Nicholson said...

Hey there,

I love you guys and miss you like crazy. Keep up the awesome work Miss Cameron! Hope to see ya soon!

Love you,
Stacy

Lena said...

Casey, Shelly & family,
I am Angie's cousin, Lena. I have met you several times before, although it has been quite some time. I stay updated on Cameron via Angie and I have just started reading your Blog. I've read back through June and will read it all as soon as I can stop crying. My tears are of pure joy as I am truly amazed & inspired by your complete trust in God, your love for your precious child and your strength and perserverance.

You have been blessed with a very special child. I will pray for you all and I look forward to reading more about Cameron's success. She is unbelievable!!!

much love, Lena Graham & family

Phyllis said...

Welcome home, Mott family! Sorry I missed you at church last Sunday during P&W. Praise God for the progress this precious little one is making! I'm here if you need me in any way. Phyllis