Monday, July 23, 2007

Home and loving it.

Hello everyone. Sorry to keep you waiting so long but last week was crazy. It is great to have my mom here to help with the adjustment of being home and to shuttle Cameron to therapies. Cameron is doing great. We had a rough start last week with moodiness, lethargic, loss of appetite, and at one point she threw-up. At that point I was not taking a chance and I took her to the ER at Baptist. After almost 7 hours, a Neuro consult, blood work and a CT that was reviewed by Hopkins all was well. I was concerned about one medication that Cameron is taking and the side effects or the possibility that pressure was building in her brain due to fluid buildup. On Thursday she had a really strange dizzy spell and ran a fever that night. There is no telling what was going on but all we know is she is much better now.

She had a restful weekend with some fun activities mix in. Our next door neighbor had a birthday party and Cameron wanted to be right in the middle of the activity. Normally she would not care where the other kids were sitting or if the presents were being opened but she did on Saturday. It is truly amazing to see Cameron interact with other children, talk with her sister, work with therapist and even watch TV. TV never used to hold her attention b/c she could not follow the story, now she loves it like every other kid.

She is now walking really well on her own but she prefers to have you hold her hand and walk really close by. She is doing pretty well getting up stairs and still needs help getting down. She got out of her bed unassisted, she is starting to dress herself a little more each day, she is doing water therapy and the list goes on. As each day passes we are truly thankful to God for this miracle. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that Cameron would be doing this well. Thanks again for checking in and we will post some great pictures soon. Love The Motts.

5 comments:

andrea said...

So glad to hear that things weren't more serious at the ER. Still--seven hours there must have felt like an eternity. Can't wait to see Cameron interacting with her friends and Caroline. Love you guys!

THE BAILEYS said...

Wow, I am so happy to hear she has recovered so well, Miracles do happen. :0) It brings tears of joy to my eyes to hear how well everything is going, it is wonderful. Love and prayers to all, Love, Melissa

Stacy Nicholson said...

Hey there,

I read Cam’s blog the other night and I wanted to post a response but I couldn’t stop crying long enough to be able to think. Like The Baileys, I was crying tears of joy! I am so happy for you all and especially for sweet Cameron! I love you guys and miss you! I can’t wait to see Mom tonight, I’m sure she will share a bunch of Cameron and Caroline stories with me! Love you, love you, love you…

PS – Do you all know when your next appointment will be at Hopkins?

Stacy

Unknown said...

Hi Cameron and family,
This is Kristy, Cameron's speech therapist from Kennedy Krieger. I was checking your blog to see how you were doing. Cameron, I'm so glad that you are walking so well, and doing more things on your own. How exciting! I hope you are having a fun summer. Miss you guys!
-Kristy Chao

Stacy Nicholson said...

Hey there Miss Cameron,

I understand you had your first sleepover with Mommy & Caro at Miss Beth’s! How exciting!!! I am so proud of you Cameron. You are an amazing little girl. You inspire me every day. I love you sooooo much, I can’t stand it :-)

I love you,
Aunt Stacy