Sunday, July 08, 2007

Fun day out.

Today we checked Cameron out after her am "project work". We went back to the Children's House and met up with a family whose daughter had a hemi at the age of three two years ago. This family has four daughters so there was plenty of entertainment. The Jagger family joined us as well and there was plenty to talk about. The little girl Abby and Cameron sat next to one another over pizza and really carried on a conversation which was fun to watch. Abby told Cameron that she was brave when she had her surgery and Cameron told her that she was brave too. Lots of good conversational skills like head shaking and verbal cues from Cameron were going on and it was really a great socialization task for Cam's. Having the girls there really encouraged her to get up and move around and to stand for longer periods of time. Therapy dogs were also visiting the house and this really got Cameron excited. She started walking so fast I had to really work to keep up with her.



Yesterday, mom, dad and Caroline came and Case and I took Caroline out to the Inner Harbor to enjoy the sun and have a little one on one time. After the train ride and a merry-go-round ride Caroline fell fast asleep and we were able to enjoy a quite lunch. Cameron had a nice change by having the Grandparents here so everyone had a great day. We have been chanting "one more week, thumbs up" and we can't wait to get home.

We wanted to thank everyone for all of the wonderful gifts, food, cards, prayers, visits and caring words sent over the blog. We love you all and we continue to thank God for the blessing of Cameron and her successful rehab. All our love, The Motts

1 comment:

Stacy Nicholson said...

Hey there Shelly and Casey,

I wish I could have been there to see Cam with the other kids and the dogs. I can just imagine her excitement! I enjoyed the couple of days I was able to spend with y’all last week. It is truly amazing to watch Cam’s progress! She is absolutely incredible. I am just full of pride when it comes to that little girl! I consider myself lucky to be her aunt!

It is also pretty awesome to see that she is still Cam, super sweet and just as silly as ever. I can’t tell you how many times I have randomly laughed out loud thinking about her laughing when you and Casey where cutting up with her. 

I am so happy for Cameron. I look forward to watching her beat the odds and show the world just how special she is.

I love you,
Stacy