Monday, June 18, 2007

whoops & hurray

I got to Camden Yards at 5 yesterday just as the game was ending. Sunday games always start at 1:30 as I was told but I swear I saw on the internet in started at 5pm. I hope to catch an Orioles/Yankees game which is the next home series and hopefully Caroline can come with me then.
No big deal cause the 1st piece of good news is that we got into the Children's Home last night. Very affordable place to stay and right accross the street from Hopkins. A day or 2 earlier than we thought so we are very pleased. Thanks to the Daubenspecks for packing up our hotel room to help with the move. They had dropped me off at the baseball game so I was able to go ahead and get us checked in over here since no game for me yesterday. America's pastime can wait another day.........
And the best piece of news is Cameron is beginning to wake up. Early this morning after a restful, peaceful looking night of sleep for her, the nurse woke her up when she was cleaning out her throat. She said "I don't feel so good" which might be the understatement of the year. She had some small sips of apple juice and when I asked her if she would like to rest again she said "all done?" Cameron is back--look out world!!!!!! Her pulse has come down a lot and is low especially when she is resting. I think after all this trauma and foreign things being put in her veins her system is finally settling down. She looks great and did manage to open her eyes a bit while we were talking. We will probably move out of the PICU into a regular room either later today or tomorrow. It will be nice to sleep in the room with Cameron. I did have a better setup last night but 2 hours must be the max I can sleep in a chair that is not a recliner.
Here are some pictures. On the one of the side of her head you can see the staples she has above her ear. The other staples are on top and go to the back of her head. Hardly any hair was shaved. By the time we come home we have been told that you can hardly notice them at that point---amazing!! The PICU staff is great and we will have to pay them a visit once Cameron is walking again. Suffering, prayers and healing...all part of God's plan to draw us closer to Him and each other. Happy Monday!!
take care, themotts

9 comments:

Joe said...

Casey & Shelly,

I was such a great blessing for Jan & I to spend Thurs thru yesterday morning with you all at JHH. It was so exciting to see God's hand as the surgeon and the rest of the JHH staff attended to dear Cameron. As one blogger posted last week, King Jesus has already used Cameron's physical suffering and your emotional suffering for good. He has drawn both and you, and now many others, to a closer relationship with Him. This will last for eternity, while our time here is only for a brief moment. Cameron will remain at the top of our prayer list, both that our Lord will continue to heal her in every way, but also that He will continue to use all of this for His Glory, to draw many more into His Kingdom and many more deeper into Himself. I love you both so much.........William, Jennifer, and Joseph & Melissa also send their love
Your brother, Joe

Charity said...

I am so glad to hear things are going well (as expected) for Cameron. I know you have a long road ahead but God's grace is sufficient. Your strength is amazing. The entire Mott Family is in my thoughts and prayers several times daily. Keep Trusting in the Lord and Rest when possible.

Love,
Charity

Katie said...

Hi Mott Family,
Cameron looks great! Jay just got in and was telling us of his visit and showing us the video of the statue and Cameron's card at Jesus' feet. I am so glad that she awoke, spoke and had a sip of juice. That is truly amazing after less than a week! I am glad to hear that you are getting some much needed sleep. Take care of yourselves and thanks for keeping us all updated!
Katie

Daniele Kay said...

Hi guys! I'm glad Cameron said "I don't feel so good" that sounds just like her. I am so glad you posted some pictures of Cameron. I think she looks so good. She looks very peaceful sleeping and so much better than what my imagination was showing me. Cameron and you all are in all of our thoughts and prayers here at school and we pray for your strength and patience during Camerons recovery and Rehab.. I love you all!

Stacy Nicholson said...

Shelly & Casey,

I can just hear sweet Cameron saying “I don’t feel so good”, always so loving and sweet. I can’t wait to be able to hug her and kiss her. I love you guys and please let me know if you need anything. Give Cam my love and know that we are all praying for her. Last night Shelby and I both slept with Cameron’s prayer cards under our pillows. In some way I guess it made me feel like I was closer to her. I just hated leaving yesterday. I have heard the song “Our God is an awesome God” twice today, how true, how true!!!!!!!

Love you,
Stacy

Mike Jette said...

Casey & Shelly,

All of us at Carroll Financial have been praying for you since we learned of Cameron's surgery. We are encouraged by your Blog entries and updates. Our God is the Sovereign Lord of the Ups and the Downs. We will continue to keep you "lifted up"!

In His Love,

Mike

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ приобрести фильмы
для сайта cameronragan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts