Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cameron to move on Friday

Today has been an exciting day for Cameron. PT and OT came and were able to sit her up, then stand her up(with lots of support), and she was able to take a few steps with help. She took a wheel chair ride to the play room to see the fish and walked to Casey (all with lots of help) and she walked back to her chair b/c she was worn out. You can see her left leg trying to move as well and we continue to be impressed by her determination.

Cameron also got her hair washed, got a bath, and has been eating more and more each day. She was smiling and joking around with me and my dad today and when I offered her coffee she said "that's hysertical", I rolled over laughing. She is in good spirits and the best news of all is that we will be moving to Kennedy Kreiger (KK) tomorrow so that she can begin her intense rehab. This is great news b/c they had told us we would have to wait until Tuesday.

These folks at KK remember Cameron from her testing in February and they are working on a plan for Cam's. They are in thearpies from 9-4 with a lunch break so she will be busy. They have a split treadmill for Cameron to work on which is great as this will really help Cameron have a more normal gate. So all is well and we continue to feel blessed.

Just a side note Casey and I will be married for 11 years tomorrow. We will celebrate tonight as mom has volunteered to sleep with Cam's and Stacy will watch Caroline. Casey will be flying home on Saturday and returning the next Saturday so hopefully he will be able to see everyone. Tessa the little girl I told you about is doing well in surgery and has a couple more hours, I will give you a better update tomorrow. Take care all and we will send some more amazing pics tomorrow as well. Take care. Shelly

12 comments:

andrea said...

I finally have my internet back after the move and was thrilled to read about Cameron's progress. Yippee! So relieved to hear that things are going well and pray that they continue to do so. We miss you guys!

dian said...

I have been following the progress day to day and am just so excited to see the wonderful progress Cameron is making. You are ALL such powerful witnesses and living examples of FAITH... We continue to pray daily for Cameron and your entire family and support network.
May God continue to Bless you and give you strength.
Love,
Diane D.

The Parrs (Chris, Holly, Colin, Clay, and Mallory) said...

We are so excited that Cameron is making such great progress!! We read the blogs everyday and are always eager to hear how everyone is doing. Thank you so much for the updates. We miss all of you and we can't wait to have you back home.

John Alexander said...

Dear Shelly and Casey,

Joe and I are so excited about all of Cameron's PROGRESS and all of the answers to prayer!!! I rejoice in how well she's doing and will check each day to see what's up with all that she is doing!

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you can go out a bit.

I am down in San Antonio visiting my sister and will head to La. on Sat to start to help my parents get their arms around this move.

I miss y'all and am praying for you each and everyone... We are rejoicing! Love you! Jan

nan said...

I love reading the daily updates - cannot believe Cam's progress. I can only marvel at God's plan with her and greatly acknowledge Sophie's pleas at Jesus' feet. I hope you guys have a wonderful dinner and look back over these years with Cam's illness and realize what you were able to accomplish - love survives - no one said it was easy and surely with an ill child it brings confusion, but you guys have so much love - keep channeling it out - there are so many that love you! Nan

Katie said...

Hi Mott Family!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I do hope that you have a wonderful evening out. It sounds like Cameron is doing very well. She is so courageous! I continue to receive MANY calls every day at the church asking for updates on all of you. For those who do not have computers, they have asked that I let you know that they are praying for Cameron. She truly is our little Common Denominator! Stay strong and God bless you!
Katie

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary, my friends! 11 years is nothing to sneer at, especially when the last 3 have been filled with so much stress and uncertainty! Hooray for you as well as sweet Cammy! I am so amazed by her rapid progress! I bet you'll be home sooner than expected. Casey, we'll be home on Saturday,too. See you then!
Love you,
Beth and the Chillins

Mommy P. said...

I am so excited to keep reading the great news on Cameron's progress. It's amazing the strength of these children. I'm betting she will amaze them at KK. Happy Anniversary...I hope you can take that bit of time to celebrate and really relax for just a few moments. You all have come do far and now Cameron is on the rise. Praise God for that!

You all continue to be in our prayers.

Love,
Holly P.

Vanessa Sullens said...

We are in awe of Cameron's amazing progress. What a miracle! Thank you for the updates and the photos. It is so great to see her sweet face and her beautiful eyes. We are praying BIG!

Love,
Vanessa, Scott, Grace, and Molly

Melissa and Karl said...

We are so happy to hear about how great Cameron continues to do...God is good, all the time!

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys enjoy your date tonight.

We love you all,
Karl and Melissa

tbd said...

Shelly- God is using you.... I am sure you are great help to the other families around you going through similar scenerios. We are so elated to know that Cameron is getting stronger each day. I love seeing the pictures of her. Keep them coming!
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your dinner and time alone tonight.
Love
Tiffany & Kevin

krista said...

Wow! What great progress! It sounds as if you are getting such wonderful care, which I know makes you feel som much more comfortable. I can't believe she's already walking some. She is so strong and a great testiment to God's healing power. Much love to you all and have a wonderful anniversary. As Clint would say, "That's 11 years in a row, right?" =)
Smiles,
Krista