Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday night (it's hard to title these things)

Anyway, just wanted to give you an update before the week takes over. Cameron and I are flying to DC on Wednesday to meet my mom and then we are driving up to Baltimore to stay the night. On Thursday Cameron will have a Spinal Tap to rule out any issues with pressure in her ventricles. We will then fly back on Saturday. Hopefully this will help us understand why she is having these other issues.

I suspect that it is completely related to her medication Depakote which is a wonderful med I just think she is taking too much. Casey took her Saturday am to get her levels drawn and she was at 149. A therapeutic level is 50-100 and she is normally at the high end between 90-100. So this 149 came first think in the morning and she had no medicine since 6:30 the night before. So each morning if she is this high we are then giving her another dose of 375mg and I think it just hits her hard around 9:30 or 10 and causes these problems. We are going to reduce her dose tomorrow and we will see what happens over the next few days. Take care. Shelly

1 comment:

Tatiana Temptation said...

Hello,
My name is Tatiana and I came across Cameron's story via a random video search on Youtube. I came across this interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKNsI5CWoU&feature=related) My heart dropped and I was crying my eyes out within the first few seconds of seeing what your family and that little girl has gone through. She is such a beautiful and strong little girl. I know the video is a couple of years old, but if Cameron still wants to be a ballerina, I would love to make her a tutu and send it to you guys. :)

If you are interested, please contact me at my Facebook so we can go over the details.

http://www.facebook.com/DesignsOfTemptation

Thank you. :)