Thursday, August 30, 2007

Amazing Cameron

Cameron has had two great days at school and woke up this moring and the first words out of her mouth "I don't want to bring my lunch". She wants to buy school lunch but I have been packing a lunch for her. She was singing the days of the week song this morning and really looks forward to school. Cameron is participating in most activities even regular PE which shocked me and she is coping well. We are very lucky for Cameron to be with her same teacher from last year to provide comfort and support and a good understanding of Cameron. Additionally, Cameron has a regular ed teacher whom Casey says reminds him of my mom. I guess that is why I felt so drawn to her and I truly believe that this is a wonderful fit. I was going to say perfect fit but I am learning that nothing is ever really perfect but it sure can get pretty close. I love the school Florence El. and it just felt so "comfortable" to me and Cameron.

After Cameron's first day of school ending at 2:30 she had therapy from 3-6. I thought she would tire and not be able to complete her sessions but she did amazingly well. She was hamming it up for Toby and Daniel the folks from the UK that are finishing up the filming for a documentary on the plasticity of the brain. The film should be done within the next month and we will get a copy to share with friends and family as it will most likely just air in the UK.

Thanks again for all of your support and love. It is our pleasure to share Cameron's journey with everyone as she truly is an amazing little girl. Take care. Shelly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WAS SO EXCITED TO READ THE UPDATE AND SO-OOOO HAPPY TO KNOW THAT CAMERON IS ADJUSTING SO WELL, AND EVEN MORE, THAT SHE IS ENJOYING SCHOOL!!! IT IS AMAZING THAT SHE DIDN'T TIRE AFTER HER FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL AND THREE HOURS OF THERAPY -- I ASSUME SHE SLEPT WELL THAT NIGHT! TO THINK THAT CAMERON'S SURGERY WAS 2 1/2 MONTHS AGO AND SHE IS DOING SO WELL. CAMERON HAS DEFINITELY BEEN IN GOD'S HANDS. OUR FAMILY IS TRULY BLESSED WITH WONDERFUL FRIENDS WHOSE PRAYERS HAVE MEANT SO MUCH. SEE YOU SOON. MOM

andrea said...

Yippee! So glad to hear that school is going well for Cameron. She rocks! Hopefully we'll see you and Caroline around the preschool.

Stacy Nicholson said...

Shelly & Casey,

Cameron continues to amaze us! She is such a strong little girl. I really wish I could have been there to share this with you all. I can only imagine her excitement. Thank you for sharing the picture. I have looked at it over and over again and cry every time I look at it. Simply amazing! See you all in a couple of weeks!

Love you!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that she's doing well. Her angels must be watching her every step and keeping her safe all the time.