Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Update on Cam's

Hey everone, Just wanted to let you all know that things are starting to sink in for us and I believe that Casey and I have acceptance of what will happen in a matter of weeks. We still have questions that are popping up and continue to be in contact with Hopkins and they have been very helpful.

The week after we found out about the surgery I got Cameron's hair cut in a very short bob. It is really, really cute and I am glad that we did this. The doctor will only shave the incision site which resembles a question mark. Because of the way we part her hair and b/c I have heard that Dr. Jallo has great scars I hope that her sites will not be very noticeable.

Cameron continues to have 4-8 seizures a day but has a very bright disposition. She really does not have an awareness about her seizures which I also believe to be a huge blessing. We have been injury free and I hope to keep it that way. School is going well and I hope to know soon what enviornment she will be in next year.

We have a wonderful group of friends here that are planning a golf tournement fundraiser for Cameron's benefit and as soon as I know a date I will let everyone know. It will be sometime in September. It will be called "Caring for Cameron" and has been such a wonderful gesture from our dear friends. Many of you have asked about making contributions and I will post the information soon. Our church will be taking care of this for us which is also a wonderful blessing. God is good and we have truly put our trust in him so that the worry and fear do not overwhelm us. Thank you all for your prayers and we will keep you posted. Take care. Shelly

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Shelly, it was so fun to see you the other night.

It really would be so easy to be overwhelmed with worry and fear. You made such a great comment the other night - I forget your exact wording but it was to the effect of "How do people make it through without a faith community?" I do wonder.

Jayne said...

Yep, I hit that publish button just a bit too soon:)

You obviously have an awesome group of folks at your church but please let me know if I can be of any help. Maybe if you need to know anything about Baltimore? And do let us know about the golf tournament, if you need volunteers etc.