Saturday, December 16, 2006

IVIG

Cameron completed her 4th round of IVIG on Thursday. We are getting the hang of things but hoping that we will not have to do this for much longer. We got our call from Hopkins this week and Cameron is scheduled for the 22nd and 23rd. She will have a pre-surgery work up with PT, OT and Speech testing and we will meet Dr. Jallo the surgon and meet with Dr. Vining and her team again.

Cameron is having a much better week as far as seizures go but she is dealing with nausea and gastrointestinal upset due to the depacote. It is such a challenge because no matter what you do there is a trade off.

As many of you know Cameron received a wish from Make a Wish and many of the items are arriving which is so much fun. We asked for a thearpy room and she loves the items and toys that have come in so far. We are also getting a special computer that should be here very soon. Other then that all is well. My mom was here and celebrated breakfast with Santa this morning which the girls loved. I am hoping to get out x-mas cards with a picture this week. We are heading to Atlantic beach next Saturday for a relaxing Christmas and I can't wait. Cameron and Caroline can't stop talking about the beach so we will pray for beautiful weather.

Take care. Shelly

5 comments:

andrea said...

When I saw your dates for pre-op appts, I wondered if you'd still be able to make your beach trip. So glad to hear those plans are still in place. You'll stay in my prayers! Miss you guys and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Lotter said...

Oh, if your girls love the beach as much as you do, it will be tons of fun and very relaxing. Much needed before your trip to Hopkins. Give Casey a high five from Mike. We both admire the strength you two show.

We love you!

Melissa and Karl said...

We hope you have a great time at the beach. We're keeping you in our prayers.

jhb said...

Selly and Casey.
Sandra has told me about Cameron and I wanted to let you know that she is in my prayers. I also pray for your strength too and think of all of you often.

Best wishes for a wonderful 2007!

Anonymous said...

My name is Colleen and I am an OT. We have a child at our clinic who recently, this week, had the same surgery your daughter had. I know this is crazy, but I was wondering if you would be willing to talk to the mother of this girl. With HIPPA I cannot give you any information really, but I know she could use some support through this tough time. Please let me know if you would be willing. My e-mail is ut_rockets@hotmail.com. Thank you!